Monday, August 19, 2013

How to become a medical transcriptionist?

If you are the one who wants to work and also stay at home with the kids, then medical transcription is your best choice.  Medical transcription can be done from the home for online medical transcription services. 
I am a medical transcriptionist working from home for an online medical transcription service and also taking care of my 3-year-old.  Medical transcription jobs are also available in hospitals and doctor offices, but in the last few years due to the development of technologies it has widely became a work from home job.  Major online medical transcription services are hiring medical transcriptionist to work remotely and they offer flexible timing too.  But you should not take this flexibility as whenever you want, you have to give your company a rough schedule about when you will be working, so that they can allot enough people to do that particular pool of jobs (audio files).

First you need to have proper training for this job.  There is lot of online courses available for medical transcription.  When I first started looking for the online course for MT training, I came to know about Andrew school of MT, Career step and M Tech.  I chose Career step online course and I liked their training.  It was very helpful, and detailed.  It took me nearly 1.5 years to complete that online course.  It is self paced, but you need some dedication.  If you have any science or medical background, then for sure it will help you at least to some extent.  Some of the online courses you can consider for MT training are:
·         www.andrewsschool.com
·         www.careerstep.com
·         www.mtecinc.com

These three were considered the best when I was studying (in 2005), but now there are lots and lots of online courses for medical transcription training available.  You have to gather full details about the training and job placement they provide before joining any online course.  I personally have experience with Career Step and not with the others.  If you ask me, I’ll recommend Career Step online course for medical transcription training.

No comments:

Post a Comment